Crelan was in the search of a new partnership that could attract a new audience in addition to their existing sponsorships in cyclocross and athletics.
Wave was given 3 objectives:
Recruit a NL & FR population
Reach a younger audience (18 – 35)
Create engagement between the fan & the brand
Wave proposed different options, amongst which the partnership with Basketball Belgium (Belgian Cats, Lions & the U20 teams) was selected. How can we leverage this partnership?
On top of the sponsorship, Crelan also invests in content production to achieve this. We created a custom social media plan that linked the brand to the heroes of the national team: the players.On top of the sponsorship, Crelan also invests in content production to achieve this. We created a custom social media plan that linked the brand to the heroes of the national team: the players.Through detailed targeting we were able to deliver extra value to the existing basketball community by:
1. Video’s in which the players were able to introduce themselves, in 24 (in basketball terms very important) seconds…
2. Portraits of the players about their goals for the European Championships
3. Attractive GIFs we used during the tournament to highlight the great performance on social media as well as in the Crelan offices spread through the country
During the Euro Basketball Women we: During the Euro Basketball Women we:
1. recruited 277.249 new people through multiple touchpoints
2. reached 20% more 18 – 34 men & women in comparison to the campaigns we ran with cyclocross and athletics
3. achieved 50% – 50% in North & South when it comes to impressions, reach, video views and engagement